| Texas SBA® enables business owners to give purchasing managers, contractors, lenders, customers, and others business partners evidence their company is owned by one of more minorities1 and is registered with Minority Owned Business Certification.
Requirements for Minority Owned Business Certification1
- 51% or more of the ownership interest in the company must be by a member of a "Socially Disadvantaged Group", as defined by the Small Business Act.
Eligible "Socially Disadvantaged Groups" are defined as:
- Black Americans (African Descent).
- Hispanic Americans
(persons with origins from Spanish or Portuguese speaking countries).
- Native Americans
(American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts, or Native Hawaiians).
- Asian Pacific Americans
(persons with origins from Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Japan, China (including Hong Kong), Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia (Kampuchea), Vietnam, Korea, The Philippines, U.S.Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (Republic of Palau), Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Samoa, Macao, Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, Tuvalu, or Nauru).
- Subcontinent Asian Americans
(persons with origins from India, Pakistan,Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, the Maldives Islands or Nepal).
- Company must be registered in the State of Texas.
Reasons for Certification
- Establish Company Image & Reputation
- Solicit Community & Peer Recognition
- Exhibit Company Pride & Honor
- Publicize Company Ownership Structure
- Distinguish Oneself from Competitors
- Be a Role Model for Minority Youth
| Apply Now
Certification Package Includes
- Certification Number
- Signed Letters of Certification
- Certification Certificates
- Certification ID Card w/ Photo (optional)
- Certification Decals
- Certification Seals
- Hardcopy Certification Proofs
- Digital Certification Proofs
- 24-Hour Online Verification
- 24-Hour Cellular Phone Verification
| Apply Now